Rosalind Kainyah MBE | 5th Africa Oil Governance Summit 2019
Kina Advisory’s Managing Director, Rosalind Kainyah MBE, has been invited by the African Centre for Energy Policy to chair the 5th Africa Oil Governance Summit on the 22nd & 23rd October 2019 in Accra, Ghana. Rosalind will also be facilitating the first panel session addressing the topic of how best countries can add value to the extraction of their petroleum resources through industrialisation.
The theme for this year’s summit is “Optimizing oil and gas resources in Africa: the role of new discoveries in the continent’s development agenda”. Around 300 participants are expected to attend, drawn from the public and private sectors, embassies, academia, think tanks, civil society, development agencies and partners, and local and international media.
A number of African countries are endowed with oil resources, with new discoveries being made. The industry has contributed significantly to exports from and revenues of these countries. However its contribution to sustainable and inclusive economic and social development has not been optimal. One of the main reasons for this failure has been a focus on revenue generation rather than leveraging the wider benefits of the industry to develop other wealth- and job-creating sectors of national economies.
The objectives of the Summit are to:
- Encourage alignment of Africa’s petroleum resource exploitation with the broader development of the continent and its people; and
- Provide a platform for regional consensus building on strategies that must be adopted to promote regional planning for utilizing the continent’s oil and gas resources.
The expected outcomes of the event are to:
- arrive at a consensus on key strategies to promote the coherent alignment of oil and gas resources with the socio-economic development of the continent and on the roles of various stakeholders for a regional approach to maximise the benefits of the oil and gas resources and industry for the continent; and
- To develop a communique setting out the commitments made by participants that will be used to influence policies and investment drives in individual countries.
What we are up to & News
Kina Advisory is proud to be an event partner of DLA Piper – Africa Week 2019
On the 28th November, Kina Advisory is proud to be an event partner of DLA Piper – Africa Week 2019. The theme for the day is“Africa: the future of trade and investment” and will be facilitated by Lanre A. editor of Nurmara and former editor of This Is Africa at the Financial Times and African Business. Our MD Rosalind Kainyah MBE will be moderating a session in the afternoon on: “Developing sustainable energy and natural resource projects: Implementing ESG in practice” | The panel will be made up of Jack Cunningham – Sustainability, Policy & Risk Director, Gemfields, Rhys Davies – Partner, DLA Piper, Chris Goodwin-Hudson – Founder, Watchman & Carla McRoberts – Managing Director, Veracity Worldwide | For a full breakdown of the day click here:
Rosalind Kainyah MBE will be chairing the 5th Africa Oil Governance Summit
Rosalind Kainyah MBE will be chairing the 5th Africa Oil Governance Summit on the 22nd & 23rd October 2019 & facilitating the 1st panel on “Value addition to petroleum resources extraction through industrialization: The possibilities and the challenges”. For a full break down of speaker & agenda, click here.
Africa | Attracting a New Wave of Investors
Rosalind Kainyah our Managing Director will be moderating a panel discussion for Invest Africa & DLA Piper on Wednesday 25th Sept 2019. The Topic: Attracting a New Wave of Investors: Corporate Governance and Meeting International Standards | For the full details of who’s on the panel and focus points, click here.
Cranfield Names Rosalind Kainyah in Top 50 “BAME” Female Leaders
The Kina Advisory team is delighted to announce that our Managing Director, Rosalind Kainyah, has been named as one of the top 50 Leading Females professionals of Black, Asian and other Minority Ethnic (BAME) women by Cranfield University. The 50 inspiring women come from backgrounds historically under-represented in the senior leadership pipeline. “Click Here” to read the full post
Global Trade Review, West Africa 2019 and Rosalind Kainyah
Kina Advisory is delighted to confirm that Rosalind Kainyah, our Managing Director is one of the speakers at this year’s Global Trade Review, West Africa 2019. Rosalind will be using her expertise to help explain the following, “What needs to be done to stimulate foreign direct investment in west Africa?”
In this interview conducted by Iyabode Soji-okusanya (Head Of Corporate Banking at Access Bank Plc) Rosalind will be touching on areas such as:
- Ease of doing business: What are the main operational, financial and physical trade concerns for foreign investors?
- Regulatory framework: To what extent is consistency an issue? Which West African markets and regulatory areas are of greatest concern? & What would investors like to see from regulators?
- Physical infrastructure: To what extent is a lack of physical connectivity a barrier to fixed investment?
- Who will be West Africa’s key partners in building a stronger, more resilient economy? What do investors see as the key areas of value they can bring to the region?
To see a full breakdown of the 2 day event, please click the below link.