- Carrying out due diligence on key stakeholders, prospective local business partners and business advisors
- Advising on the external operating environment for political, social, and socio- economic issues impacting on investment decisions, business operations and corporate reputation
- Carrying out strategic financial advice including fundraising, deal-structuring and partner introductions
- Advising on finance process optimisation including assessment of financial processes, leverage, working capital requirements and compliance with regulatory requirements
- Strengthening corporate sustainability functions, capacity and processes by assisting with recruitment of Board-level, senior and middle management staff
Environmental, Social and Governance Consultancy
- Carrying out pre-investment ESG due diligence
- Providing insights on ESG legal and regulatory issues as they arise, and ensuring compliance with worldwide anti-corruption legislation
- Recruiting and growing strong in-house ESG capabilities – including ESG leadership
- Developing effective and innovative ESG management systems
- Developing and implementing corporate level social and socio-economic social investment strategies that have social benefits and contribute to business value drivers
Kina Africa Breakfast Club
We hold exclusive breakfast seminars to provide companies with valuable and sometimes hard to find information on the dynamics of working in Africa. The seminars address topics such as:
- Managing social impacts and risks
- Finding partners and suppliers
- Governance and transparency
- Employing local employees
- Experience of doing business
- Carrying out due diligence
What we are up to & News
Key to investment success in developing countries
Published in the The New Model Corporate Affairs Director’, Managing Director Rosalind Kainyah discusses understanding the socio-economic environment and creating the right conversations as key to success in investing in new markets in developing countries and the role of the Corporate Affairs Director. Click here to read the full article.
Ghanaian women empowered in business
Empowering women in business is a key aspect of the fifth sustainable development goals. The 2018 Mastercard Index of Women’s Entrepreneurship (MIWE) names Ghana as having the highest percentage of female business owners at 46.4%.
It is encouraging to read about businesses led by women that also consider environmental sustainability, such as the collaboration between Redavia, a German rental solar company, implementing a solar farm for the Ghanaian hospitality group Linda Dor.
Congratulations to the Young CEO of the Year
Kina Advisory congratulates Dr Amy Jadesimi, CEO of LADOL for winning the Young CEO of the Year award at the 2018 Africa CEO Forum. Amy is a role model for young and old, men and women alike https://t.co/stvCAA5FEr.
Commemorating Harvard Kennedy School’s Professor Calestous Juma
We at Kina are shocked by the passing of Kenya’s and Harvard Kennedy School’s Professor Calestous Juma. It’s hard to believe that the boundless energy with which he engaged the world through all media on innovation and international development is gone forever. Our last such interaction followed his piece on the limits of leapfrogging for Africa’s development. Inspired by the thought piece, I gave a perspective from the business angle, to which Calestous further responded to me privately.
We are fortunate at Kina to count one of his former students as one of our team. Like the millions of others in Africa and the world who loved his brain and followed his work, we all claim a piece of Calestous, but we can’t claim to understand the grief of those who were closest to him. We can only offer our heartfelt sympathies and continue to build on and implement some of the ideas he shared to help shape Africa’s development.
Rosalind shares insights on Africa’s hidden figures with This is Africa
Managing Director, Rosalind Kainyah shares her insights on how big business can play a role in bringing the ‘hidden figures’ in Africa’s informal economy into the formal. Click here to view article.