- Carrying out due diligence on key stakeholders, prospective local business partners and business advisors.
- Advising on the external operating environment for political, social, and socio- economic issues impacting on investment decisions, business operations and corporate reputation.
- Providing strategic financial advice including fundraising, deal-structuring and partner introductions.
- Advising on finance process optimization including assessment of financial processes, leverage, working capital requirements and compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Strengthening corporate sustainability functions, capacity and processes by assisting with recruitment of Board-level, senior and middle management staff.
Environmental, Social and Governance Consultancy
- Carrying out pre-investment ESG due diligence.
- Providing insights on ESG legal and regulatory issues as they arise, and ensuring compliance with worldwide anti-corruption legislation.
- Growing strong in-house ESG capabilities – including ESG leadership.
- Developing effective and innovative ESG management systems.
- Developing and implementing corporate level social and socio-economic social investment strategies that have social benefits and contribute to business value drivers.
- Developing and delivering tailored environmental, social and business integrity courses for board members and senior executives of companies and private equity fund managers.
Kina Africa Breakfast Club
We hold exclusive breakfast seminars to provide companies with valuable and sometimes hard to find information on the dynamics of working in Africa. The seminars address topics such as:
- Managing social impacts and risks
- Finding partners and suppliers
- Governance and transparency
- Employing local employees
- Experience of doing business
- Carrying out due diligence
What we are up to & News
Commemorating Harvard Kennedy School’s Professor Calestous Juma
We at Kina are shocked by the passing of Kenya’s and Harvard Kennedy School’s Professor Calestous Juma. It’s hard to believe that the boundless energy with which he engaged the world through all media on innovation and international development is gone forever. Our last such interaction followed his piece on the limits of leapfrogging for Africa’s development. Inspired by the thought piece, I gave a perspective from the business angle, to which Calestous further responded to me privately.
We are fortunate at Kina to count one of his former students as one of our team. Like the millions of others in Africa and the world who loved his brain and followed his work, we all claim a piece of Calestous, but we can’t claim to understand the grief of those who were closest to him. We can only offer our heartfelt sympathies and continue to build on and implement some of the ideas he shared to help shape Africa’s development.
Rosalind shares insights on Africa’s hidden figures with This is Africa
Managing Director, Rosalind Kainyah shares her insights on how big business can play a role in bringing the ‘hidden figures’ in Africa’s informal economy into the formal. Click here to view article.
Rosalind attends Africa Business Media Innovators 2017
Rosalind Kainyah, Founder and Managing Director, is attending this year’s Africa Business Media Innovators 2017, to be held in Accra, Ghana 12-14th November.
The event was officially opened by HE Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo, President of the Republic of Ghana. Bloomberg hosts include Matthew Winkler and Justin Smith. Speakers at the conference include Strive Masiyiwa, Nicole Amartiefo, Omar Ben Yedder, Khanyi Dhlomo, Tutu Agyare, and Caroline Southey.
Rosalind Kainyah’s new Board Appointment
Rosalind Kainyah, Managing Director of Kina Advisory, has been appointed by the Board of CAL Bank Limited as a Non-Executive Director. CAL Bank is one of Ghana’s leading banks. Rosalind was nominated by one of CAL Bank’s major shareholders, Arise BV.
Rosalind shares views on leapfrogging debate
Founder and Managing Director, Rosalind Kainyah shared her views on the ongoing leapfrogging debate with African Arguments.
Rosalind discusses the benefits that leapfrogging can have, from empowering local citizens to advancing technology, as well as the implications on infrastructure and industrial development.