- Carrying out due diligence on key stakeholders, prospective local business partners and business advisors
- Advising on the external operating environment for political, social, and socio- economic issues impacting on investment decisions, business operations and corporate reputation
- Carrying out strategic financial advice including fundraising, deal-structuring and partner introductions
- Advising on finance process optimisation including assessment of financial processes, leverage, working capital requirements and compliance with regulatory requirements
- Strengthening corporate sustainability functions, capacity and processes by assisting with recruitment of Board-level, senior and middle management staff
Environmental, Social and Governance Consultancy
- Carrying out pre-investment ESG due diligence
- Providing insights on ESG legal and regulatory issues as they arise, and ensuring compliance with worldwide anti-corruption legislation
- Recruiting and growing strong in-house ESG capabilities – including ESG leadership
- Developing effective and innovative ESG management systems
- Developing and implementing corporate level social and socio-economic social investment strategies that have social benefits and contribute to business value drivers
Kina Africa Breakfast Club
We hold exclusive breakfast seminars to provide companies with valuable and sometimes hard to find information on the dynamics of working in Africa. The seminars address topics such as:
- Managing social impacts and risks
- Finding partners and suppliers
- Governance and transparency
- Employing local employees
- Experience of doing business
- Carrying out due diligence
What we are up to & News
Global Trade Review, West Africa 2019 and Rosalind Kainyah
Kina Advisory is delighted to confirm that Rosalind Kainyah, our Managing Director is one of the speakers at this year’s Global Trade Review, West Africa 2019. Rosalind will be using her expertise to help explain the following, “What needs to be done to stimulate foreign direct investment in west Africa?”
In this interview conducted by Iyabode Soji-okusanya (Head Of Corporate Banking at Access Bank Plc) Rosalind will be touching on areas such as:
- Ease of doing business: What are the main operational, financial and physical trade concerns for foreign investors?
- Regulatory framework: To what extent is consistency an issue? Which West African markets and regulatory areas are of greatest concern? & What would investors like to see from regulators?
- Physical infrastructure: To what extent is a lack of physical connectivity a barrier to fixed investment?
- Who will be West Africa’s key partners in building a stronger, more resilient economy? What do investors see as the key areas of value they can bring to the region?
To see a full breakdown of the 2 day event, please click the below link.
Aker Energy announces successful drilling offshore of Ghana
As a Non-Executive Director on the Board of Aker Energy, Rosalind Kainyah (Managing Director of Kina Advisory) is thrilled by the news of results of the first appraisal well drilled by Aker Energy offshore Ghana. The hard work begins but Rosalind is confident that Aker Energy will be an exemplary partner in Ghana – for the benefit of the country as a whole | To read the full press release, please click here.
Rosalind Kainyah | Arise Invest Interview About Cal Bank
MD of Kina Advisory, Rosalind Kainyah has been interviewed by Arise Invest, Arise is a leading African investment company backed by three reputable cornerstone investors, namely Norfund, Rabobank, and FMO. Rosalind has done many interviews relating to investing in Africa, but this article focuses on her role as a board member of Cal Bank, “what excites her about this role” & “why become involved with Cal bank”, as well as looking at her background. We hope you find the article enlightening (Click Here for the full Article).
IWF Ghana | Generating Sustainable Wealth in Ghana
Rosalind Kainyah, Co-President of the International Women’s Forum Ghana (IWF Ghana) will be hosting the Forum’s first weekend retreat. With an all-female audience of around 50 Ghanian leaders, this retreat will focus on the common thread which binds the audience together: Generating Sustainable Wealth: How to create viable local companies which can become partners or suppliers to international companies in sectors like: oil & gas, mining, energy, construction and Infrastructure. Rosalind and other guest speakers will answer this question and many others from our business stand-point. (more…)
Africa50 expands its board of directors
Africa50 has appointed our Imoni Akpofure to the board of directors. Her expertise in project finance, strategy, business development, environmental and social sustainability, and stakeholder engagement, with a focus on emerging markets will be invaluable to Africa50 as they continue to contribute to Africa’s growth. For the full article, just click here.